Training and Education
Vonovia’s business success is based to a decisive degree on the work of its qualified employees. We develop and expand key skills by taking targeted measures to train our employees. This is the only way that Vonovia can guarantee high-quality work for its customers.
Vocational training is a key pillar of Vonovia’s recruitment strategy, which we use:
- To safeguard the company’s competitive standing
- To ensure the availability of qualified up-and-coming young talents, especially in the trades, over the long term
- To further expand the technical service by focusing on vocational training in the trades
- To keep key expertise within the company and build new knowledge, e.g., on digitalization
- To make the company independent of the external labor market, particularly in the trades/technical service
We believe that this commitment has a positive impact on Vonovia’s public image, because it allows us:
- To create secure jobs
- To take social responsibility
- To make ourselves more attractive as an employer
Doing our best to foster our employees’ potential, ensuring that our top performers remain loyal to the company and promoting systematic succession planning are top priorities for us. Consequently, targeted further training is a central component of our HR management system.
- To provide our employees with the ideal qualifications for their work with regard to their technical, methodological and personal skills
- To support employees with their current tasks
- To prepare them for future tasks
Important aspects of our human capital development work are:
- Succession planning
- Talent management
- Further training
- Assessment and feedback
We are systematically developing and expanding our work in these areas. This will allow us to secure our existing workforce of employees and managers, as required by our operations, identify junior managers and prepare them for future management responsibilities.
The Vonovia Academy and our HR development instruments are important tools in this respect. Within this context, training courses and programs are tailored to suit our needs and goals and include training and specialist seminars, management development courses and certified qualification schemes. This allows us to fill positions with internal candidates wherever possible and help every employee find the position that is right for them. This approach also helps improve the motivation and satisfaction of our employees. Structured human capital development also helps to improve the company’s efficiency and profitability and prepare Vonovia for future tasks and challenges.
Establishment in the Organization 103-2
The training & HR development department is responsible for training and education at Vonovia. This department maintains close contact with other business areas and with our external training providers to ensure the best possible quality.