Like-for-like (LfL)

 

 

 

 

Key Figures

 

Unit

 

2015

 

2016

 

EPRA

 

GRI Standards

 

2015

 

2016

 

Scope

 

EPRA

For the year 2015, the absolute electricity consumption figures relate to the communal areas for 360,513 rented units (100%, residential and commercial) and for 2016 to the communal areas comprising 333,381 residential units (100%) and 3,405 commercial units (100%).

*

The absolute figures for 2015 and 2016 are not directly comparable due to the inexact consumption figures for 2015, particularly due to the merger with GAGFAH. Even after the complete consolidation of the old GAGFAH, retrospective recalculation was not possible due to the lack of data. Accordingly, the figures will only be comparable from the next reporting year onward.

**

In 2016, Vonovia purchased 51,600.0 MWh of electricity. Of this amount, 85% was regionally allocated. This corresponds to approx. 243,583 rented properties. 100% allocation is not possible, since a single electricity meter may supply two different buildings. The remaining 15% is currently undergoing registration (mainly Southeast) and cannot therefore be regionally allocated at the present time.

A total of 161,780 rented units were included in the like-for-like assessment. This corresponds to approx. 48% of the residential and commercial units in 2016.

***

For 67% of electricity consumption, the figures were calculated on the basis of the energy mix of our largest electricity supplier. The remaining 33% was calculated on the basis of the average figures for Germany in 2015 and 2016 provided by the German Working Group on Energy Balances (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Energiebilanzen e. V.).

The consumption figures for natural gas, heating oil and district heating relate to residential and commercial units. 2015: 360,513 rented units (100%, residential and commercial); 2016: 333,381 residential units (100%) and 3,405 commercial units (100%).

Natural gas consumption (absolute) in 2015 and 2016 relates to consolidated consumption for all heating centers. 97% of the total volume of natural gas consumption in MWh has been regionally allocated. The remaining 3% is currently undergoing registration and cannot be regionally allocated at the present time. Overall, 122,814 rented units are supplied.

A total of 121,407 rented properties were included in the like-for-like assessment. This corresponds to 99% of the rented units supplied with natural gas.

Heating oil consumption (absolute) in 2015 and 2016 relates to consolidated consumption for all heating centers. 87% of the total volume of heating oil consumption in MWh has been regionally allocated. The remaining 13% is currently undergoing registration and cannot be regionally allocated at the present time. Overall, 11,303 rented units are supplied with heating oil.

A total of 9,904 rented properties were included in the like-for-like assessment. This corresponds to 88% of the rented units supplied with heating oil.

****

The absolute figures for 2015 and 2016 are not directly comparable due to the inexact consumption figures for 2015, particularly due to the merger with GAGFAH. Even after the complete consolidation of the old GAGFAH, retrospective recalculation was not possible due to the lack of data. Accordingly, the figures will only be comparable from the next reporting year onward. The regional distribution of the district heating consumption (2016) was based on only on actual, not estimated, consumption.

*****

Extrapolation to total portfolio and district heating stations not yet registered, according to consumption figures available for registered stations per m2 of living area. For 2015, an actual consumption figure of 270 GWh was extrapolated to the overall portfolio. The same procedure was followed for 2016, and an actual consumption figure of 455 GWh was extrapolated to the overall portfolio.

******

This figure has been adjusted by comparison with the previous year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Energy Consumption of Our Portfolio

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total energy consumption*

 

MWh

 

1,807,785.0

 

1,963,606.1

 

 

302-1

 

 

 

 

Total energy intensity

 

MWh/rented unit

 

5.01

 

5.83

 

Energy-Int

 

302-3

 

 

 

 

Intensity of common areas (electricity)

 

MWh/rented unit

 

0.13

 

0.15

     

 

 

 

Intensity in the rented units (natural gas, heating oil, disctrict heating)*

 

MWh/rented unit

 

4.88

 

5.68

     

 

 

 

Energy Consumption in Common Areas

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total electricity consumption

 

MWh

 

47,100.0

 

51,600.0**

 

Elec-Abs

 

302-1

 

28,049.3

 

27,321.5**

 

161.780 ru

 

Elec-LfL

of which from non-renewable resources***

 

MWh

 

32,557.4

 

28,806.7

     

 

 

 
 

%

 

69.1

 

55.8

     

 

 

 

of which renewable resources***

 

MWh

 

14,542.6

 

22,793.3

     

 

 

 
 

%

 

30.9

 

44.2

     

 

 

 

Middle region

 

MWh

 

 

7,298.3

     

5,171.7

 

5,141.2

 

34,117 ru

 

North region

 

MWh

 

 

9,243.7

     

7,091.4

 

6,568.8

 

34,605 ru

 

East region

 

MWh

 

 

5,707.5

     

2,364.3

 

2,344.8

 

11,024 ru

 

South region

 

MWh

 

 

7,720.9

     

4,379.9

 

4,258.8

 

20,954 ru

 

Southeast region

 

MWh

 

 

606.4

     

553.9

 

533.3

 

4,242 ru

 

West region

 

MWh

 

 

13,068.1

     

8,487.2

 

8,292.1

 

56,837 ru

 

Central region

 

MWh

 

 

43.8

     

1.0

 

1.0

 

1 ru

 

Energy Consumption in Rented Units

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total energy consumption in rented units****

 

MWh

 

1,760,685.0

 

1,912,006.2

 

 

302-2

 

1,552,011.7

 

1,597,999.3

 

see natural gas and heating oil

 

Total fuels

 

MWh

 

1,220,685.0

 

1,205,006.1

 

Fuels-Abs

   

1,117,706.4

 

1,145,598.0

 

see natural gas and heating oil

 

Fuels-LfL

of which from non-renewable sources

 

MWh

 

1,217,685.0

 

1,205,006.2

     

1,117,706.4

 

1,145,598.0

 

see natural gas and heating oil

 
 

%

 

99.75

 

100

     

100

 

100

   

Natural gas

 

MWh

 

1,104,000.0

 

1,090,000.0

     

1,021,652.5

 

1,045,596.6

 

121,407 ru

 

Middle region

 

MWh

 

 

206,382.1

     

197,821.3

 

202,457.6

 

22,776 ru

 

North region

 

MWh

 

 

236,902.7

     

229,939.5

 

235,328.5

 

25,263 ru

 

East region

 

MWh

 

 

70,633.8

     

68,234.1

 

69,833.2

 

9,459 ru

 

South region

 

MWh

 

 

162,058.8

     

152,124.6

 

155,689.9

 

16,760 ru

 

Southeast region

 

MWh

 

 

37,134.2

     

35,995.7

 

36,839.3

 

5,084 ru

 

West region

 

MWh

 

 

349,861.2

     

337,537.2

 

345,448.0

 

42,065 ru

 

Central region

 

MWh

 

 

1,654.2

     

 

 

 

Heating oil

 

MWh

 

113,685.0

 

115,006.1

     

96,054.0

 

100,001.4

 

9,904 ru

 

Middle region

 

MWh

 

 

15,324.1

     

14,719.2

 

15,324.1

 

1,497 ru

 

North region

 

MWh

 

 

18,328.4

     

17,604.9

 

18,328.4

 

1,847 ru

 

East region

 

MWh

 

 

27,063.7

     

25,995.4

 

27,063.7

 

2,787 ru

 

South region

 

MWh

 

 

9,638.7

     

9,120.2

 

9,495.0

 

813 ru

 

Southeast region

 

MWh

 

 

242.7

     

233.2

 

242.7

 

22 ru

 

West region

 

MWh

 

 

29,613.3

     

28,381.1

 

29,547.5

 

2,938 ru

 

Central region

 

MWh

 

 

     

 

 

 

of which renewable sources (biogas)

 

MWh

 

3,000.0

 

     

 

 

 
 

%

 

0.25

 

     

 

 

 

of which disctrict heating****/*****

 

MWh

 

540,000.0******

 

707,000.0

 

DH&C-Abs

   

434,305.3

 

452,401.3

 

59,102 ru

 

DH&C-LfL

Middle region

 

MWh

 

 

46,644.5

     

44,778.7

 

46,644.5

 

5,625 ru

 

North region

 

MWh

 

 

84,910.5

     

81,451.9

 

84,845.7

 

10,759 ru

 

East region

 

MWh

 

 

64,481.7

     

61,902.4

 

64,481.7

 

8,455 ru

 

South region

 

MWh

 

 

36,948.0

     

35,179.4

 

36,645.2

 

4,550 ru

 

Southeast region

 

MWh

 

 

125,666.1

     

120,639.4

 

125,666.1

 

17,803 ru

 

West region

 

MWh

 

 

96,530.9

     

90,353.4

 

94,118.1

 

11,910 ru

 

Central region

 

MWh