Vonovia: Combining Economic Success with Social Responsibility
Vonovia is Germany’s leading nationwide residential real estate company. We manage around 333,000 apartments (Dec. 31, 2016) in attractive cities and regions in Germany. As a result, we provide homes to around a million people. 102-1, 102-7
The size of our company infers a high level of economic, social and ecological responsibility. We want to live up to this responsibility, first by using efficient portfolio management to offer our customers affordable homes in the long run, along with state-of-the-art housing-related services, and second by using maintenance and modernization measures to keep our buildings looking attractive and further develop our neighborhoods. We also want to use new ideas to set trends for the housing industry. In order to achieve this, we contribute to society in various ways – at a political, social and economic level. For example, as an advocate within the scope of association work, as a sponsor via our foundation activities (see AR 2016, Corporate Social Responsibility) or as an initiator of municipal neighborhood development projects (see Corporate Structure). 102-2, 102-4, 102-6
Our company has been listed on the stock exchange since 2013 and its shares have been traded in the DAX 30 index since 2015. We pay our shareholders stable, reliable dividends. This also makes us a reliable partner for investors with a long-term focus.
Selected Memberships in Industry Associations and Initiatives
- AGV Arbeitgeberverband der Deutschen Immobilienwirtschaft e. V.
- AGW Arbeitsgemeinschaft Großer Wohnungsunternehmen
- Bundesverband Freier Immobilien- und Wohnungsunternehmen e. V.
- BFW Deutscher Verband für Wohnungswesen, Städtebau und Raumordnung e. V.
- DDIV Dachverband Deutscher Immobilienverwalter e. V.
- DIRK Deutscher Investor Relations Verband e. V.
- EPRA European Public Real Estate Association
- GdW Bundesverband deutscher Wohnungs- und Immobilienunternehmen e. V.
- Initiative Corporate Governance der Deutschen Immobilienwirtschaft e. V.
- KlimaDiskurs. NRW e. V.
- ZIA (Zentraler Immobilienausschuss) e. V.
- Initiativkreis Ruhrgebiet
- InWIS Forschung und Beratung – Förderverein e. V.
- Verein der Freunde und Förderer der EBZ School e. V.
Important Key Figures
(Dec. 31, 2016)
in € million
FFO 1 (Operating Profit or Loss)
Fair Value of the Portfolio
Net Asset Value
Equity Ratio in %
Loan to Value in %
Monthly In-Place Rent in €/m2
Vacancy Rate in %
Additional key figures in the 2016 Annual Report of Vonovia SE.